Bosch GCM12SD Miter Saw Review
The 12-Inch Dual-Bevel Glide Miter Saw features the smooth cutting motion, accurate performance, and space-saving design of Bosch’s patented Axial-Glide System. Pre-aligned Squarelock fences help the saw maintain precision throughout its life, and a soft-grip ambidextrous handle and combination dust chute and vacuum adaptor provide user comfort. The saw also offers a large cutting capacity, easy-to-read bevel and miter scales with detents at common angles, and easy-access up-front controls.
Serious about cutting
The new Bosch GCM12SD miter saw cutting motion is smooth and accurate. It also has a patented space saving design called the Axial-Glide-System which makes this one of the best miter saws around.
Small footprint – Big feature
There is no traditional rail set up, which takes up 12 inches less room in your workspace. Every inch of space in your shop is valuable, and Bosch understands that. There’s barely any clearance behind the saw, and the arm is flush at the back of the unit. High traffic job sites and small workspaces would benefit a heck of a lot.
The Squarelock fences keep the miter saw precise for its entire life, so you won’t be messing around to get that perfect cut. The trademarked squarelock fences are precision aligned at 90 degree angles and don’t need any adjustments. You can slide each fence into position to align your material with just one quick step.
The new Bosch GCM12SD Miter Saw markings are really easy to read, which will help you set your cutting angles perfectly.
Good for both right and left handed use, the ergonomic soft grip handle will keep you comfortable and promotes safe use of the miter saw.
Features at a glance
- Compact Axial-Glide System
- Powerful Motor for Versatile Performance
- Flexible Setup with Large Capacity
- Quick-Release Squarelock Fences;
- Adjustable Miter Detents;
- Easy-Access Detent Override;
- Accurate, Easy Alignment;
- Up-Front Bevel Controls;
- Ergonomic Grip
This Miter Saw is for:
- General carpenters and remodelers;
- Finish carpenters;
- Cabinet and furniture makers;
- Anyone who values accuracy, durability and precision
- This saw glides extremely smoothly when cutting
- Very precise glide arm system
- Built like a tank
- A little on the heavy side for transport
- Could use a laser
Overall this is a solid miter saw and and you definetely get what you pay for.
Bosch GCM12SD 120-Volt 12-Inch DB Glide Miter Saw
- Patented axial-glide system for durable precision and compact workspace
- Expanded cutting capacity: 14-Inch horizontal capacity, 6-1/2-inch vertical capacity, 6-1/2-inch crown capacity (45-degree spring)
- Large easy-to-read uniform bevel and stainless steel miter scales with marked detents and roof pitch angles
- High-precision Squarelock fence aligns fence 90 degrees to table and requires no adjustment; one-touch lock/unlock to slide fence for added support
- Large form-fitting ambidextrous ergonomic trigger handle provides comfort for all-day use